What if you went to work each day knowing your efforts contribute towards making life better for people and their local communities? Whether it’s providing 21st-century skills for children or providing sustainable workplace skills for corporates and artisans, Arc Skills strives to make a powerful social impact on local communities throughout the African continent.
We’re building a culture that fosters collaboration and we are inspired by lifelong learning. We are decisive and performance-driven, constantly celebrating all the things that align us.
Our purpose is to make a positive impact on the world, reduce skills shortages, create sustainable employment and develop local communities.
Want to be part of the Arc Skills movement? Join us.
Business Unit: Arc Skills South Africa
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Reporting Line: Senior Finance Officer
Employment Type: Permanent – Half Day position (8:00am-1:00pm)
The Junior Bookkeeper will be responsible for assisting the Senior Finance Officer in day-to-day accounting activities, keying in data and compiling information and completing accounting tasks as required. This role relies on administrative skills, accounting knowledge, understandings of financial concepts, as well as knowledge of accounting terminology and accounting systems.
Internal and External Interactions:
Internal: Country CEO, Senior Finance Officer, other Functional Heads, Peers
External: Clients, Suppliers
- Check invoices for completeness and accuracy
- Manage spreadsheets of accounting information
- Maintain records of payments
- Management of petty cash transactions
- Carry out assigned pre- and post-payment audit
- Carry out assigned account reconciliation
- Strict adherence to internal control processes and procudure
- Handling general account queries, banks and other official errands
- Preparation of assigned reports and other duties assigned by Senior Finance Officer from time-to-time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bookkeeping/ FInancial Accounting Certification
- 2 years experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of Finance, Accounting, Budgeting and Cost Control Principles, IFRS and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- In-depth analysis skills
- Ability to analyse financial dataand prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Organised, Proactive and Detail oriented
- Inquisitve and investigative
- Focused on continually learning new skills
- Microsoft Office knowledge is essential – especially MS Excel and MS Word
Covering Letter Required
Please include a customised (not generic) covering letter introducing yourself, confirming why you are applying for this position, why you believe you are suitable for this role and your applicable experience. If you do not submit a customised covering letter, we will reject your application.
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
We will only correspond with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within ten working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.