Financial Skills Courses
CBM Training provides a variety of financial skills courses ranging from beginner to advanced level, and courses for financial professionals as well as non-financial professionals.
The Legal Aspects and Processes of Collecting Debt
The legal framework that today’s credit departments have to work under has made collecting money more difficult for companies. Many corporates are using these changes to avoid or delay their financial payment obligations.
This Legal Aspects and Processes of Collecting Debt course will cover the key legal aspects and processes for debt collecting from the working of a sound credit application to preparing for debt enforcement and possible litigation. Areas such as fees, interest and other charges, debt enforcement in courts, dealing with liquidators or outsourcing difficult collections will be addressed.
Issues arising from the New Companies Act, National Credit Act, Consumer Protection Act and the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI) will also be covered.
Your comprehensive programme includes:
– Introducing the SA legal debt system
– Looking into terms and conditions of trading, forms of security and legal aspects of credit applications
– Uncovering passing of ownership and risk laws in relation to securing debt
– Discovering legal options available to assist in recovering debt
– Knowing when to negotiate, arbitrate or litigate and prepare for court cases
– Looking at how to recover legal costs and interest options
– Evaluating credit bureaus for civil debt collection
– The effect on collections of Business Rescue (Chapter 6 of the New Companies Act) and other acts.
Johannesburg, Cape Town
Corporate Conference Centre (Dowerglen), The Peninsula Hotel (Cape Town)
25 October 2017 (JHB), 10 November 2017 (CPT)
|Price||R3,450.00 excl. 14% VAT|
R3,450.00 excl. 14% VAT