Management Skills CoursesCBM Training provides a range of courses designed to help delegates successfully overcome self, staff, process and organisational management challenges. Our Management Skills Courses are delivered by a faculty of highly qualified consultants who are not merely lecturers but rather specialists consulting in their particular field. They have greater insight into the market and a fuller understanding of delegate needs and deliver management courses which are practical in nature and extremely relevant to the current market.
Key Management Skills for Effective Managers
Managers are often promoted due to their quality of work, not necessarily due to their ability to manage and motivate staff. This leaves new managers on their own to discover how to manage an often challenging group of people. These new management skills are generally learnt through trial and error, leading to a challenging “teething period’ which results in lower productivity, costly mistakes and the loss of valuable staff.
This Key Management Skills for Effective Managers course is a valuable introduction to managing staff and will cover the 10 areas any manager needs to address to become more effective in their position.
It will help to improve your leadership style, motivate your staff, handle conflict smoothly, delegate tasks effectively, discipline poor performance and improve the performance of your team.
Your comprehensive programme includes:
– Getting to grips with all the tasks of being a manager
– Examining different management styles needed for many different situations
– Understanding leading vs managing people
– Knowing how to motivate a team of people effectively
– Developing and growing your people
– Handling conflicts and personality clashes fittingly
– Mastering delegation and control
– Delivering discipline and criticism in a way that will build a successful team
– Optimising the time you spend on managing people
– Conducting performance reviews that enhance your team and motivates them to perform
What previous delegates thought about the course:
“Loads to learn for new managers and a great refresher for current managers”
“A good overview of effective management, well presented and valuable tips to put into practice daily”
“Very insightful and well presented!”
Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban
Corporate Conference Centre (Dowerglen), The Peninsula Hotel (Cape Town), Sica’s Guest House (Durban)
14 September 2017 (CPT), 10 October 2017 (DBN), 6 December 2017 (JHB)
|Price||R3,450.00 excl. 14% VAT|
R3,450.00 excl. 14% VAT