Secretarial Skills Courses
CBM Training provides a range of administrative skills courses for Secretaries, PA’s and administrators which are designed to increase productivity and improve organisational skills. Our courses offer practical exercises paired with best practice and industry knowledge which focus on equipping delegates with tools to allow top efficiency and success in their day-to-day work lives.
A Secretary’s Guide to Meetings and Minute Taking
If you work as a secretary, administrator, PA, executive assistant or office manager, you will undoubtedly be involved in all aspects of meetings management.
Not only are you required to organise meetings, you are also expected to be present, take notes, summarize action points and distribute comprehensive, accurate minutes.
This intensive 1 day Secretary’s Guide to Meetings and Minute Taking course will demonstrate the best way to arrange a meeting, from making physical arrangements and preparing the agenda, to confirming attendees and seamlessly moving in late-comers.
You will undertake practical exercises on taking comprehensive notes and discuss techniques for turning these notes into clear, concise and accurate minutes that clearly identify actions and responsibilities.
Your comprehensive programme includes:
– Learning about various types of meetings and your activities in formal and informal meetings
– Checklist the key things to arrange for a meeting
– Understanding the notice of a meeting, the meeting agenda and guidelines for distribution
– Understanding what people need minutes for and the importance of keeping them short and punchy
– Practical minute taking skills to allow you to notate discussions, procedures and action points
– Understanding common meeting jargon
– Preparing different types of minutes and what you need to do differently for each of these
– Distributing and following up of meeting action points
Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Pretoria
19 October 2017 (DBN), 23 October 2017 (CPT), 31 October 2017 (PTA), 27 November 2017 (JHB)
Corporate Conference Centre (Dowerglen), The Peninsula Hotel (Cape Town), Sica’s Guest House (Durban), Lynnwood Conference Centre (Pretoria)
08h30 – 17h00
|Price||R2,950.00 excl. 14% VAT|
R2,950.00 excl. 14% VAT