A Secretary’s Guide to Meetings and Minute Taking
The Unit Standard Assessment is optional and charged at an additional fee of R 1,450 Ex VAT per delegate.
Not only are you required to organise meetings, you are also expected to be present, take notes, summarize action points and distribute comprehensive, accurate minutes.
This intensive 1 day Secretary’s Guide to Meetings and Minute Taking course will demonstrate the best way to arrange a meeting, from making physical arrangements and preparing the agenda, to confirming attendees and seamlessly moving in late-comers.
You will undertake practical exercises on taking comprehensive notes and discuss techniques for turning these notes into clear, concise and accurate minutes that clearly identify actions and responsibilities.
Your comprehensive programme includes:
– Learning about various types of meetings and your activities in formal and informal meetings
– Checklist the key things to arrange for a meeting
– Understanding the notice of a meeting, the meeting agenda and guidelines for distribution
– Understanding what people need minutes for and the importance of keeping them short and punchy
– Practical minute taking skills to allow you to notate discussions, procedures and action points
– Understanding common meeting jargon
– Preparing different types of minutes and what you need to do differently for each of these
– Distributing and following up of meeting action points
Do you have 8 or more delegates and want to run this course Onsite?
Click here to request a quote and get more information about our onsite training.
16 April 2019 (CPT), 2 May 2019 (JHB), 4 September 2019 (CPT), 17 September 2019 (JHB)
Cape Town, Johannesburg
Corporate Conference Centre (Dowerglen), Belmont Square Conference Centre (Cape Town), The Peninsula Hotel (Cape Town)
|Price||R3,450.00 – R4,900.00 excl. 15% VAT
R3,450.00 – R4,900.00 excl. 15% VAT